What is a Tray Ceiling? – A tray ceiling is a rectangular architectural feature that is either inverted or recessed. This unusual design is a delicately rounded and smooth variation of the standard vaulted or cathedral ceiling. The existing basement was effectively original to the 1930’s home, largely unfinished, with very low ceiling height typical to these older homes. IN the 1990's, J. S. Hovnanian & Sons, a home builder in the Philadelphia area, made nine-foot ceilings standard in its houses. Until now there has been no real evidence that ceiling height has any influence or advantage with consumers. Our typical ceiling heights are 11 feet in common areas like the entry foyer, great room, dining room, kitchen and hallways. luxury over the older standard of 8 feet, but maintains an intimate feel.
Typical Ceiling Height
- For larger rooms, like living areas and great rooms, I like a ten foot ceiling height.
- Does anyone know if this is average height for a basement ceiling? I was at my brother about an inch, as comapred to 6 or more inches with a typical suspended ceiling.
- It wasn’t long ago that the standard ceiling height for a house in America was eight feet.
- Ceiling-Mounted Bathroom Faucet, Bil by Singnorini.
- Hello again, I am considering plywood ceilings for my dining room and living room.
- Drop ceilings, also known as suspended ceilings or acoustical ceilings, are designed to support the weight of the framework and ceiling tiles, but little else.
More information about Typical Ceiling Height on the site: http://designed-living-inc.com