In my great room, I Jeff, I don't know of a good formula. General rules are that you do not install the crown molding onto the vaulted areas of the ceiling. Crown moldings provide more detail and style to a cathedral ceiling. Most of the time, I cut the crown molding so the don't know any other solution for an outside corner on a cathedral ceiling. I will be getting crown molding for the entire house but my living room has a cathedral ceiling and I'm not sure if I've ever seen crown on cathral ceilings. Vaulted or cathedral ceilings offer a real challenge for those of you who want to install crown molding. While cathedral ceilings and crown molding can be beautiful, it does provide some difficulties in decorating that are not present in rooms with lower ceilings.
Crown Molding On Cathedral Ceilings
- Unlike other ceilings, the cathedral ceiling crown molding is the very best and easy installable ceilings that are being made and found in our society.
- Use corner blocks for vaulted, sloped, flat and cathedral ceilings.
- Rooms with cathedral ceilings are impressive and sometimes difficult to decorate.
- A complete guide for cutting wood to compound angles, with emphasis on crown molding for normal and vaulted (or cathedral) ceilings.
- Cut a vaulted ceiling up hill corner the easy way. No compound cuts.
- Just How to cut vaulted up crown molding corner.
More information about Crown Molding On Cathedral Ceilings on the site: http://i3.photobucket.com