A roof truss calculator will help answer your roof truss questions. You can have interesting features, like cathedral ceilings, at a low cost. Hi All I am planning to build a cover for my patio. I want to have a cathedral ceiling type of effect. Cathedral ceilings many times require Scissor Trusses and eliminate the need to use a bearing beam and wall. Using scissor trusses to form a cathedral ceiling is a much better choice than trying to build scissor trusses in place. The scissors truss is used to create a vaulted or cathedral ceiling.
Cathedral Ceiling Trusses
- Conventional trusses are shaped like a triangle, with three straight sides.
- This space can be achieved through the use of truss joists, scissor truss framing, or sufficiently large rafters.
- I recommend that if you are going to build a cathedral ceiling that you use the pre-made roof truss rather than building a truss in place.
- The king post truss is used for simple roof trusses and short-span bridges.
- You can have just about any shape custom-built, and this allows interesting features like cathedral ceilings at low cost.
- Attic trusses typically have a sloping ceiling (cathedral) that poses a different insulating solution.
More information about Cathedral Ceiling Trusses on the site: http://brainright.com